Zone Offroad 2″ Upper Control Arms Lift Kit 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Dodge/Ram Ram 1500 4WD
This system is developed around the same boxed, fully welded, heavy duty upper control arms as in the 2006-11 system. The control arms are made from 1/8″ steel and CNC-machined bushing and ball joint cups. The arms use OE rubber bushing and greaseable factory style ball joints for quiet, reliable and low maintenance operation. The new UCAs dwarf the factory arms and provide a larger range of motion via the new ball joint. The ball joint position is also adjusted compared to stock to keep it in a neutral position with 2-3″ of lift.
The UCAs are boxed separately (#D2301) and can be used with other leveling kit equipped trucks. In addition to the UCAs, the kit comes with strut top spacers that properly reposition and pitch the factory strut in order to gain lift without the chance of the strut rod rubbing on the factory upper isolator assembly (creating a squeak). The strut spacer works within the limits of the factory CV shaft so they do not bind at full suspension extension. The newer generation trucks have longer CV shafts than the 06-11 models, this allows us to run 2″ of lift safely without a differential drop.
While we have installed a 35″ tire with this system, the tire can rub the top of the inner fender under extreme compression. For that reason we are listing 33×12.50 tires on 17″+ wheels with 5″ BS.
Featured Technology & Benefits
- Upper strut spacer is pitched, offset, and rotated to ensure proper fitment and positioning with the factory strut
- Powder-coated steel upper strut spacers for long lasting durability
- Fully welded, heavy duty upper control arms that dwarf the factory arms.
- CNC-machined UCA bushing and ball joint cups.
- OE rubber bushings and greasable factory style ball joints for quiet, reliable, and low maintenance operation.
- Improved UCA range of motion compared to stock arms
- UCA ball joint position adjusted to keep arm in a neutral position with 2″ of lift.
- UCAs utilize replaceable ball joints – replacements are readily available from most auto parts stores when needed many miles down the road.
- Avoids ball joint binding issue commonly known to occur on these models with spacer only type kits that use the factory UCAs
- Detailed, easy to follow installation instructions included
- No strut compressor required for installation
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Not recommended for use with Bilstein leveling struts, or with any other form of suspension lift.
- Will work with 3.0L V6 Diesel models
- Will not fit adjustable air suspension (air-ride) equipped models
This product fits the following applications:
- 2012 Dodge/Ram Ram 1500 4WD
- 2013 Dodge/Ram Ram 1500 4WD
- 2014 Dodge/Ram Ram 1500 4WD
- 2015 Dodge/Ram Ram 1500 4WD
- 2016 Dodge/Ram Ram 1500 4WD
- 2017 Dodge/Ram Ram 1500 4WD
- Front Lift Height: 2
- Front Lift Method: Upper Control Arms
- Install Time Hrs: 3-4
- Difficulty Level 1-5: 2
- Wheel Size: 17″
- Back Spacing: 5″
- Max Tire Size: 33×12.50